Friday, September 23, 2011

Sewing Armoire: Part 2

Alright ladies... and gents? Anyway, I've got the armoire all decked out.
I've got 8 matching boxes of patterns, ribbon, and supplies. That gives me almost two boxes of growing room. And they were on sale at Michael's for $1.77 each, as opposed to the typical $3+. And they had styles that worked with my decor. And that bottom shelf is for items waiting to be sewn and mended. (Curly likes to tear the eyes out of stuffed animals. Darn dog.)
On the right door is a pretty cork board for ideas and receipts. And a spool holder - by far the most expensive piece. Worth it! I love having my thread accessible. Before, it was in a carrying case. While portable, it was tricky to get into. This is MUCH better!
On the left door, peg board for scissors and such. The bottom part is a couple of shelves that hold tiny tupperware tubs full of pins, chalk, etc. Hmmm... I should have switched what was on the left and right since I'll have to get to this stuff more often... why didn't I think about that sooner?! Oh well.
There's room for the ironing board to hide away behind.
There's lots of room for fabric, a little room to grow. And my sewing machine pulls out over my lap and can turn wherever I want it. The only thing I don't like is that I have to pull out the foot pedal each time I use it.And with the touch of a button, I turn on both the sewing machine... and task lighting. See it up top there? That's a light that attaches to a frame to light artwork. It works perfectly here. I'm so happy with it! It's exactly what I envisioned when we moved in, long before finding the armoire. It's SO organized, and the best part is that all of my junk is no longer strewn across that entire wall!
Ah, so nice.

6 comments:

  1. wow! wow! WOW! I am absolutely and completely amazed! Great job, it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! What a great transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing, Carla!! I've been wanting to make our armoire over forever! Can't talk Scott into it, though. Boo.

    Aloha,
    Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOSH!!!!!! I am soooo jealous. I want something like that for my sewing stuff. Its soooo hard to get every thing out and then have to put it all away again when I am done. Its just beautiful!!! What a wonderful job you did!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY GOSH!!!!!! I am soooo jealous. I want something like that for my sewing stuff. Its soooo hard to get every thing out and then have to put it all away again when I am done. Its just beautiful!!! What a wonderful job you did!!!

    ReplyDelete